'Tis the SEAson-OctoShopper!
Ride the tide of holiday commotion with our eight legged friend from under the ocean. Net something nautical this season with the Holiday Baubles and Sea Creatures Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Breathe some fresh ocean air into your home for the holidays with designs right out of the briny blue. Whether it's on a wine glass, like we have here, or a glass canister, this octopus will make you a salty Santa sensation.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1659 Over N Over stencil- HOLIDAY BAUBLES
- #21-1685 Over N Over stencil- SEA CREATURES
- #21-1692 Over N Over stencil- NEON ALPHA
- #30-2373 20oz. Wine Glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, place the octopus in the center of the glass.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the octopus onto the glass.
- Place the stencil and etch each of the items the octopus is holding in succession. Start with the gingerbread man and continue clockwise until all have been etched onto the glass. Use the hover and press method to get the objects in the tentacles as pictured.
- Once all those items have been etched, begin placing the letters to form the words as pictured. If the stencils are protruding into the letter space of another letter, etch those words separately. Use the etching cream as before to etch all the words onto the glass and complete the design.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:42:32 PM