Sea Life Soap & Spoon
The sea life soap and spoon rest is a treasure straight from the briny deep thanks to the Sea Creatures and Under the Sea Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. The double sided etching technique makes the multidimensional ocean scene come alive! This glass soap dish and spoon rest is not only beautiful but easy to clean and keep clean but just throwing it in the dishwasher! No fading, cracked plastic or peeling designs, bacteria buildup or rust to deal with EVER! Make one for your bathroom and one for your kitchen for year round beautiful.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1658 Over N Over stencil- UNDER THE SEA
- #21-1685 Over N Over stencil- SEA CREATURES
- #21-1625 Over N Over stencil- SPARKLE BORDERS
- Glass soap dish/ spoon rest
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design is etched on both sides of the glass to create a multidimensional effect. Images get added in stages for controlled layering of design features.This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, turn the glass face down and place the coral border along the bottom of the dish and down the outer sides and the seahorse somewhere in the middle. Follow the etching cream directions to etch these onto the glass.
- On the front side of the dish, add the sting ray, shark and octopus as pictured. Use the the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Make bubbles under, over and around the images on both the front and back by using the border stencil with the circles. Position some circles where you want bubbles and cover all the circles securely with masking tape where you don't. Use the etching cream to etch the bubbles onto the glass. Repeat the steps with the border stencil on the front and the back until all the bubbles you want are on the glass.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:34:10 AM