'Tis the Season- Crabmas Tree!
This crabby crustacean is happy as a clam in his Crabmas tree. Give your Christmas cup'a some coastal charm with the Sea Creatures and Christmas Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Want the merry of the morning to last all day? Plant this crusty critter wistfully on wine glasses, boldly on breakfast bowls or lounge him on the lunch plates. No crab lovers on Santa's Nice List? No problem! There are plenty more designs in the SEAson Collection to choose from.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1685 Over N Over stencil- SEA CREATURES
- #21-1611 Over N Over stencil- CHRISTMAS
- #21-1601 Over N Over stencil- SMALL BLOCK LETTERS
- #60-3570 COFFEE MUG
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows stencil images in the design to be in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. We also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations
- After preparing the glass, place the Christmas tree stencil on the glass as close to the bottom as possible. Cover all but the bottom two levels of the tree with masking tape.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch this onto the glass.
- Center the crab stencil over the tree bottom. Start the crab above the bottom limbs to get it closer to the base. Use the etching cream as before to etch the crab onto the glass.
- Look through the back of the glass to place the top of the tree over the crab. Get as many tree rows as possible above the crab as the glass will permit. Use the etching cream to etch the tree top onto the glass.
- Working from the top of the tree, place the letters in descending order along the sides of the crab tree. Etch these onto the glass with the etching cream to complete the design.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:40:24 PM