Give your beverages, candles, small snacks and cooking utensils a beautiful place to rest in peace. The double sided technique on the meditation design creates a multidimensional effect to the piece. See what other peaceful places you can create with our reusable ono Namaste stencil sheet.
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1696 ONO NAMASTE Stencil Sheet.
#60-3909 SQUARE COASTER SET.
#08- 9606 Brushes.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
#85-2109 HOBBY KNIFE.Ruler and water soluble marker or china pencil.
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner.
2. You may want to mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker or china pencil (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. For dark colored glass you will need to draw it down the front. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project.
3. Apply any lettering, banners or word stencils first, being mindful of the space requirements for the other design elements and overlapping the edges where the letter stencils meet.
Assess space needs by placing the glass item over the stencil to be etched while it is still on the sheet. Using a china pencil or water soluble marker, trace a rough outline of the stencil image in the location you want it. Letters will be placed outside of the area.
Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this. When possible, overlap stencil edges to prevent any gaps between them for etch cream to collect in later.
If stencils protrude into each other?Äôs design, you can trim with a scissor or etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
4. Meditation Design- Place the Peace stencil at the top of the glass with the centerline running through the middle. Place the meditator at the bottom of the glass with the centerline running through the middle from top to bottom. Turn the glass over and place the bamboo stencil all the way to the edge of one side of the glass.
5. Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently but firmly to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
6. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Rub and press the tape down securely. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
7. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. (View the directions HERE)
8. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
9. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
10. Wipe design area with glass cleaner. You may want to redraw centerline on the back of the project again. Place the bamboo stencil at the opposite side of the glass from where you etched the first one. Make sure the bamboo design does not interfere with the other design elements already etched on the glass.
11. Repeat steps 5 through 9 until all desired design elements have been etched onto the glass
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 10:49:12 PM