New Year Blue Vase
Kick the celebration tablescape into high gear with this blue, star spangled Happy New Year vase. Add happy words and starshine to all your projects with the Sparkle Borders and Wedding Font Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Get some snazzy pizazzy party pieces from plain, old vases that have been sitting at the back of your closet. Mix and match border stencils with special occasion words on glass vases for a winning combo of fun and fancy.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1625 Over N Over Stencil-SPARKLE BORDERS
- 21-1617 Over N Over Stencil-WEDDING FONT
- To avoid purchasing multiple stencil sheets, this design can be etched in stages. This requires etching the available stencils multiple times, in different locations on the vase.
- Blue Glass Vase
- 61-2522 Metallic Color Wax- Old Silver
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- After preparing the glass, position a star border stencil diagonally across the top of the vase. Use this line as a guide for the other stencils.
Beginning with the letters in the middle of the word in middle of the glass, place the letters along the bottom edge of the star banner already on the vase.
Alternate words and stars until the design is complete on the vase.
Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the design onto the vase.
Clean the design area. Rub a pea size ball of metallic wax over the etching with a paper towel. Briefly wait before wiping off the excess wax from around the etching with a paper towel.
- Please note: only true colored glass can be etched with etching cream. Glass colored with tinted coatings or paints should be etched with sand. Always test before starting a project.
Article Posted: 12/14/2021 06:46:29 PM