These character glasses are so much fun to make. Make them for your party and watch the guests crack up laughing!
#15- 0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#12-9701 Wedding Celebration Kit
#21-1621 Script Alphabet (for the Happy New Year stencil)
#60-7035 Clear Champagne Flutes
#61-3502 Adhesive backed wiggle eyes
#61-3328 White Rub N Buff (RNB)
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
*Ask for the Current Rub N Etch stencil for the New Year by phone request or use the numbers from any of our other stencil sheets
Bottle of Champagne
White feather clip
Iridescent net tubing
Wine bottle tuxedo set
Miniature champagne bottle
Purple, silver mylar curlingribbon
White skinny satin ribbon
Hot glue gun
1. Wash the all the glass pieces in hot, soapy dish water and dry with soft paper towels
2. Apply the stencils to the locations described below for each individual character
3. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the glass not to be etched while rinsing.
4. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Cover each one with a 1/4 inch layer of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
5. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
7. Hold the glass upside down (except for the champagne bottle) so no water will go inside the glass while rinsing. Rinse off the etch cream. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet. Dry the glass off.
1. Temporarily put tuxedo on bottle. Apply the mustache stencil from the Wedding Celebration kit so it sits above the vest where you can see it. Apply the Happy New Year stencil at the bottom of the bottle below the tuxedo front. Remove the tuxedo from the bottle.
2. Follow the general directions above and etch the stencils.
3. Since bottle is dark colored, apply some white Rub N Buff to get etchings to show. Tear off a piece of paper towel and wrap it around your finger. Squeeze a very small dab of white Rub N Buff on the tip of your wrapped finger. Smear the RNB all over the etchings. Keep wiping and the excess RNB will pick back up off the shiny glass and only stick to the etching. Work quickly while RNB is still soft. Turn towel around and buff.
4. Put tuxedo back on bottle and add the hat over the cork
5. Apply two wiggle eyes (optional) over the mustache.
1. From the Wedding Celebration kit, apply the dress stencil to the glass.
2 .Follow the general directions above and etch glass.
3. White Rub N Buff glass if needed.
4. Apply rhinestones from the kit to the necklace and a bowtie at her waist
5. To make the pom pom skirt, Cut a 4 inch piece of ribbon and set aside. Wrap the net tubing ten times around your fingers. Carefully slide off your fingers and hold in the middle. Tightly tie in the middle with the ribbon. Cut looped ends. Trim loops evenly into a pom pom. Tie around the stem of the glass as close to the dress as possible. You may need to add a dot of hot glue to secure it.
6. Clip feathers at the top of the glass
1. Place Happy New Year stencil on the glass. Follow the general directions above and etch glass
2. Make sure glass is dry. Rub the numbers for the year on the glass, overlapping edges right to left. Follow package instructions. Mask off around stencils and etch glass again
3.To make the pom pom, Cut a 4 inch piece of ribbon and set aside. Wrap the net tubing five times around your fingers. Carefully slide off your fingers and hold in the middle. Tightly tie in the middle with the ribbon. Cut looped ends. Trim loops evenly into a pom pom. Tie in some mylar curling ribbon and curl.
4.Tie pom pom around the bottom of the glass
5. Hot glue a miniature champagne bottle from a party store in the middle of the pom pom
Article Posted: 02/21/2018 12:13:09 PM