Fathers Day Beveled Glass Plaque
- #30-2283 3.5 " x 5 " Vertical Beveled Crescent Picture Frame
- #20-0429, or #20-0423, or #20-0434- Rub N Etch Stencils are just a few suggestions
- #20-0492 - Rub N Etch Stencil- Gala or #12-7030 Gala 3 pak (Cut two letter D, one letter A)
- #20-0565 or #12-7014-Rub N Etch Stencil-Romantic Words (Cut out appropriate saying)
- #61-3329 Rub N Buff Metallic Wax (gold was used in our project)
- #08-9777 Scissors
- #61-3342 Gem Tac Glue or #61-3370 Hot Fix Wand
- #08-9415 1/2" wide masking tape
- #08-9999 Plastic or rubber gloves
- #08-9606 Disposable craft brush
- Cotton Swab
- White Small Rhinestones (4 were used in our project)
- Soft paper towel or cloth
- Ruled paper to fit right half of frame
- Using project photo as your guide for placement, lay out stencil pieces on glass. Hold in place with a piece of masking tape.
- Following website instructions, rub down stencils & mask off as described.?¢?Ç¨¬? Etch with Etch Cream. View the directions and How To Videos.
(NOTE: When washing off Etch Cream, only allow water to run AWAY from picture frame portion of glass. Avoid getting water where photo will go!)
- Dry glass & apply Rub N Buff to all etched areas of glass with a cotton swab, using a swirling motion, filling in the etchings.
- Allow metallic wax to set a few minutes, then remove excess wax with soft paper towel and discard. Using a clean towel, buff etchings until a soft luster appears and any wax stuck where it does not belong is removed. Sometimes you have to repeat this process a second time if wax did not adhere well to the etching the first time. Allow metallic wax to dry at least 1 hour.
- Glue Rhinestones where desired. We glued one each on the three hubcaps and one on the center of the steering wheel.
- Rub N Buff will dissolve with glass cleaner, so only clean frame with a soft cloth dampened with water.
- Insert your photo to complete your project.
Article Posted: 02/14/2018 11:37:26 AM