Fathers Day Card
Give Dad all the sentiment of the construction paper and crayon cards of the past in a new and sophisticated presentation with this handmade Father's Day card. Mix and match paper patterns, colors and stencils to create a personal gift that reflects his personality and what he means to you.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #20-0461 Rub N Etch Stencil-BUCKS
- #21-1632 Over N Over Stencil-MOTHER/FATHER
- #28-6521 2 x 3 inch Oval Mirror
- Beige and Tan Cardstock
- Black Die Cut Paper Pattern
- Black Bow
- Metallic Paint
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the mirror, follow the Rub N Etch directions to position the stencil high up in the oval. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the buck onto the glass. Place the Dad stencil under the buck and use the etching cream, as before, to etch the word onto the mirror.
- Trace the oval onto the tan cardstock. Cut .25 inch around the oval outline and glue this piece to the back of the mirror. Fold another sheet of tan cardstock in half to make the body of the card.
- Trim a piece of the beige cardstock to fit on the front of the card, as shown, and glue it into position. Glue the die cut piece of paper to the beige. Center the oval with the mirror into position and glue it down.
- Place the Happy stencil centered at the top of the card and the Father's Day at the bottom. Carefully brush the gold paint into the letters and remove the stencil. Glue on the black bow when the paint is dry.
Article Posted: 07/12/2017 09:56:35 AM