Make a thankful Thanksgiving wreath on the serving dishes this season and enjoy it all year long with the Giving Thanks and Berries Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Fill with something delicious to bring to the feast and leave as gift for the host! We upcycled this large tart dish but any platter or plate would be just as beautiful.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1653 Over N Over Stencil-GIVING THANKS
- #21-1609 Over N Over Stencil-BERRIES
- #21-1607 Over N Over Stencil-UPPERCASE SCRIPT
Round Tart Dish or Serving Bowl
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the dish. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Turn the plate over so the cenetrline runs horizontally along the back. The bottom half of the dish will contain vegetable elements while the top is only floral.
- Place the floral corner stencil on the centerline on the left of the dish so it is evenly distributed above and bellow the line.Place the cornucopia on the left bellow the line. Add other elements along the edge of the circle as they fit.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Looking through the back of the glass, add elements to the design on the front so they are nestled close to each other. Use the etching cream as before to add these to the wreath.Continue adding and etching elements until the wreath is how you want it.
- Looking through the back, place the Thankful onto the front. Begin with the letters in the middle and work outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 05:02:42 PM