Capture the country in your kitchen with this fun, fresh design using our Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Everyone loves the farm stand goodness of the season and large glass canisters are the perfect countertop companion for any home. Beautiful and delicious! Make a full set for the kitchen or pantry. We upcycled a large pickle jar for this design but you can use any large etchable glass piece that inspires you.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1680 Over N Over Stencil-FARM FRIENDS
- #21-1653 Over N Over Stencil-GIVING THANKS
- #21-1686 Over N Over Stencil-TUTTI FRUITI
- #21-1617 Over N Over Stencil-WEDDING FONT
- Large Glass Canister Jar with Lid
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the glass. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. On the front of the glass, place the sunflower on the centerline, near the very top of the side of the jar. Place the letters for Fresh to the right of the sunflower beginning with the F and curving slightly downward. Place the tractor in the middle of the jar, centrally located under the sunflower. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the jar.
- Beginning with the M and working backwards and on a slight curve, place the letters for Farm on the left of the sunflower. See the picture. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch the word onto the canister.
- Beginning at the bottom right corner, under the Fresh, place the apple basket on an angle. Etch this onto the jar.
- Looking though the back of the jar, place the vegetable part of the cornucopia up next to the apple basket, on the bottom of the jar. Cover all unwanted parts of the stencil securely with masking tape. Use the etching cream again to etch the vegetables onto the jar.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the pumpkin up close to the vegetables on the bottom of the jar. Use the etching cream to add the pumpkin onto the jar.
- Looking through the back of the jar, place the corn above the pumpkin and under the F in farm. Adjust the angle as necessary for the best fit with no overlap of images. Use the etching cream again to etch the corn into position.
Article Posted: 09/29/2019 10:54:39 PM