Summer Wonder Jar
From Lightning Bugs to Lemonade to Luminary, this jar can be anything your summer fun needs! Drop in a flameless tea light and glue a mirror under the lid for a luminary, punch small air holes in the lid for a critter keeper or drill out a center hole in the lid for a straw and use as a drink jar! Make a Summer Wonder Jar for yourself or everyone at your next picnic or BBQ with the Berries Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We upcycled a mayonnaise jar for this design but you can use any glass jar or container you fancy. (We also found that a small solar light fits into the screw band of a canning lid!)
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1609 Over N Over Stencil-BERRIES
- #28-6512 2 inch Round Mirror
- Clear Glass Jar with Screw Lid
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, place one of the corner stencils in the bottom left of the jar. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the floral design onto the jar.
- Looking through the back of the jar, position the corner floral stencil in the opposite corner of the jar so the stencil images don't overlap. Use the etching cream, as before, to add the flowers to the glass.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:32:43 AM