Ornament Assortment A Etch Kit
Our Holiday Assortment Kits are a quick and crafty way to keep the Happy in your Holiday Season! Make these your Go-To for Fantastic stocking stuffers, secret Santa/ grab bag gifts, hostess presents, teacher & neighbor gifts or when you just need that special extra something. Don't forget the family! The holidays are all about being together, celebrating traditions and making beautiful memories. Making an ornament assortment kit together gives you all three! Recreate the designs pictured or make your own custom creation! The kit comes with 4 glass shapes but you can always order extras.
- #06-0151 Ornament Assortment A Etch Kit
- Extra Shapes if Desired:
- #29-2511 Bell Shape
- #29-2518 Circle Shape
- #29-2508 Tree Shape
- #29-2514 Stocking Shape
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- These designs were etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- These designs also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- These designs also used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, use the hover and press method and masking to position sections of the border stencils into various locations on the glass. Make stripes by leaving open space between the border stencils or using sections of the border edge of the stencil sheet to make parallel lines to etch between.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the stencil designs onto the glass.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching the stencils designs onto the glass until the desired look is achieved.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:47:32 PM