BEST family project for the holidays! Have fun together making one for every member in the house or the entire family. Kids can design a gingerbread character for themselves or others. Family trees can be used as gift tags on presents or wine bottles, hung in the windows as a holiday sun catcher, strung into garland or put on trees as Christmas ornaments! The kit comes with 4 trees but you can order as many as you need for your family. Make this kit your Go-To for Fantastic stocking stuffers, secret Santa / grab bag gifts, hostess presents, teacher & neighbor gifts or when you just need that special extra something.
#06-0150 FAMILY TREES ETCH KIT.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
#29-2508 1 TREE SHAPE.
Tweezers, ruler, exacto knife and water soluble marker.
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner.
2. You may want to mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project.
3. Choose your character shape and place along the centerline of the tree. Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this.
4. Remove the design elements you want from the stencil sheet and place them in your desired location gingerbread shape. Tweezers are helpful with this. Make a classic gingerbread character or get creative making various shapes and patterns out of the assorted pieces.
5. Once you have decided on the final design, press them down gently but firmly with a clean gloved finger or a popsicle stick to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
6. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
7. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. (View the directions HERE)
8. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
9. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet. Thoroughly clean the tree off with glass cleaner.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:47:12 PM