Get Personal - Kiss the Cook
Cook up something special for the bustling bakers and braisers in your life with the What's Cooking Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Get personal with custom creations for friends and family! Fun to make and fun to give. Mix and match people, interests, occasions and designs for the ultimate gift tag, ornament and sun catcher in one! Gift win for anyone, at any age, for any occasion!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- #21-1674 Over N Over Stencil-WHAT'S COOKING
- #29-2610 Thin Bevel Oval Ornament
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the large open frame running from the ornament hole toward the base. Cover the rest of the stencil securely with masking tape. Add the desired letters into the frame beginning with the ones in the middle and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Press the letters down firmly. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the name onto the oval.
- Turn the glass over and use the hover and press method to add the baker next to the name, the pot above and spoon bellow. Use the etching cream, as before to etch these onto the oval.
- Repeat the process to place the rolling pin along the side as pictured.
Article Posted: 11/04/2019 02:02:21 PM