Show reverence and appreciation for the magician in your kitchen with this token of gratitude made with the What's Cooking and Fairy Tales Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Cook up an entire design buffet of personalized culinary enchantment with the combined 29 stencils from both sheets. Take your gifts all the way to gourmet by etching some kitchen magic on cutting boards, counter top canisters and wine glasses.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1674 Over N Over Stencil-WHAT'S COOKING
- #21-1676 Over N Over Stencil FAIRY TALES
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- #60-3870 16 oz. Drinking Glass
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the large open frame near the bottom of the glass and cover all other parts of the stencil securely with masking tape. Place the Magician letters into the frame beginning with those in the middle and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Press the letters down firmly and follow the etching cream instructions to etch the word onto the glass.
- Repeat the previous steps to etch the word Kitchen into position. Look through the back of the glass during frame placement to keep the top frame level and centered with the bottom one.
- Above the left side of the words, stack the baker and the cake as pictured. Use the masking tape to securely cover the candles on the cake and use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Above the right side of the words, stack the cooking pot and peppers as pictures, with the peppers as close to the pot as possible. Use the etching cream to etch these into position.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the wand from the baker's hand and up between the cake and peppers as shown. Use the cream again to etch the wand.
Article Posted: 09/15/2019 11:36:44 AM