Get personal with custom creations for friends and family! Fun to make and fun to give. Mix and match people, interests, occasions and designs for the ultimate gift tag, ornament and sun catcher in one! Gift win for anyone at any age for any occasion!
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1645 ONO REVERSE MR. & Mrs. Stencil Sheet.
#21-1628 ONO CHRISTMAS BORDERS Stencil Sheet.
#29-2608 THIN BEVEL HEXAGON.
#08- 9606 Brushes.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
#85-2109 HOBBY KNIFE.Ruler and water soluble marker or china pencil.
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner.
2. Mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker or china pencil (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project.
3. Place an empty name box in the desired location, near the middle, on the glass with the centerline splitting the box in half.
Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this.
4. Remove the letters you want from the Reverse Mr. & Mrs. Sheet and place them in the center of the text box. Tweezers are helpful with this. Press them down gently but firmly with a clean gloved finger.
5. Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently but firmly to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
6. Cover all the glass around the text box stencil, including the other text box on the stencil, with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Rub and press the tape down securely. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
7. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. (View the directions HERE)
8. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
9. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
10. Wipe design area with glass cleaner. Lay a border stencil along the top of the text box. Lay a second border stencil along the bottom of the text box, overlapping the edges where they meet. Repeat this with 2 more border stencils until there are 4 rows on the glass. You can use parts of a stencil design by covering over the unwanted design features with masking tape or by trimming the stencil with scissors. If stencils protrude into each other?¢?Ç¨Ôø?s design, etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
11. Repeat steps 5 through 9 until all desired design elements have been etched onto the glass
Article Posted: 11/04/2019 01:58:20 PM