My Blue Hawaii
Basque in the glow of this beautiful Hawaiian scene on blue glass volcano shaped inverted vase. Craft your own exotic destinations with the Landscape and Hibiscus Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Don’t just upcycle, innovate! Repurposed glass is an opportunity to really get creative and push the boundaries of possibility. Inverted vases of interesting colors and shapes provide a unique canvas for creative expression. Just add fairy lights, flameless candles, or glow stones to make an intriguing luminary, base for a serving plate or as a plant stand.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1666 Over N Over Stencil- LANDSCAPE
- 21-1711 Over N Over Stencil-HIBISCUS
- Large Blue Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. It also allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Please note- only true colored glass can be etched with cream. Glass colored with tinted coatings or paints should be etched with sand. Always test before starting a project.
- After preparing the glass, turn the vase upside down. Place the mountain stencil near the closed end of the vase which is now the top. Securely cover the bird and cloud on the stencil with masking tape. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the mountain and moon onto the vase.
- Clean the design area. Arrange the flowers and leaves around the mountain as shown. Use the etching cream, as before, to complete the design on the vase.
Article Posted: 02/15/2022 09:40:49 PM