End the day with a glass of your favorite wine and your special someone. A timeless classic, grapevine embodies the beauty of nature. We use it here to personalize and accentuate the romantic bond between two people. Make a gift set for each couple for your next dinner party or as an engagement present.
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#08- 9606 Brushes.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
Optional:Tweezers, ruler, exacto knife and water soluble marker
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner
2. You may want to mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project
3. Remove the grapes with banner stencil from the Wine Time sheet and place on the glass first. Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this.
4. Arrange all other design elements into their desired location. You can use parts of a stencil design by covering over the unwanted design features with masking tape or by trimming the stencil with scissors. If stencils overlap into each other's design, etch them individually, one at a time.
5. Remove the letters you want from the Reverse Mr. & Mrs. Sheet and place them in the center of the banner. Tweezers are helpful with this. Press them down gently but firmly with a clean gloved finger.
6. Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
7. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
8. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. . (View the directions HERE)
9. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
10. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
11. Wipe design area with glass cleaner. You may want to redraw centerline on the back of the project again. Arrange any remaining design elements into their desired location. You can use parts of a stencil design by covering over the unwanted design features with masking tape or by trimming the stencil with scissors. If stencils overlap into each other's design, etch them individually, one at a time.
12. Repeat steps 6 through 10 until all desired design elements have been etched onto the glass
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:46:15 PM