Santa Claus is coming to Monogram Town! Put this monogram on your list and you won't need to check it twice! Makes a great gift for the Naughty and the Nice. From ornament, to wine glass, to decor for the hall, gift away, gift away for one and for all.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
- #29-2611-THIN BEVEL CIRCLE
- #21-1689 Over N Over stencil-COOKIES FOR SANTA
- #21-1635 Over N Over stencil- REVERSE LETTERS
- #21-1636 Over N Over stencil- REVERSE NUMBERS
- Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner
- You may want to mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project
- Remove Santa from the Cookies from Santa sheet and place it on the glass first. Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this.
- Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
- Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
- Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it.
- Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
- Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
- Wipe design area with glass cleaner. You may want to redraw centerline on the back of the project again. Place the sparkle circle partly over the Santa and cover the overlapping area with masking tape. Trim around the Santa image with scissors.
- Remove the letter you want from the Reverse Mr. & Mrs. Sheet and place them in the center of the circle. Tweezers are helpful with this. Press it down gently but firmly with a clean gloved finger.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 until all desired design elements have been etched onto the glass
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:52:55 PM