In It For The Chicks
Bringing the Barnyard Swagger with this way cool design from straight out the farm yard, yo!Farm Friends and Emoji Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets team up with Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to lay down the cock-a-doodle-Cool. Shut down all the tabletop traffic and earn some top props with this 'breakfast got game' -changer. We upcycled a square pitcher for this design but you can use any etchable glass piece that jags your mealtime cred.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21- 1680 Over N Over stencil- FARM FRIENDS
- #21-1668 Over N Over stencil- EMOJI
- #21-1607 Over N Over stencil-UPPERCASE SCRIPT
- #21- 1608 Over N Over stencil UPPERCASE SCRIPT
- Square glass pitcher
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows you to use a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously.It also allows stencil images in the design to be in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. For some of these design components you will need to cut or trim the stencils.
- After Preparing the glass, place the word chicks in the bottom right corner starting with the S and working backward. See lettering tutorial if necessary. Trim the top of the letter stencils to get the baby chicks as close to the letters as possible or stencil them on after the word chicks. Place the rooster chicken combo stencil over the chicks stencil. Trim the stencils to get them close together or stencil them after the chicks. Follow the etching cream instructions and etch these onto the glass
- On the bottom left,next to the C of Chicks, place the big chicken. Look through the back of the glass and get the chicken as close to the C as possible. Cover the rooster with masking tape during the etching process. Place the row of chicks on the left above the chicken rooster combo already on the glass. Place the tractor stencil in the upper left corner with as much space as possible between it and the row of chicks bellow. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Put the big chicken stencil in position behind the other one at the bottom of the glass. Cover the rooster again.
- For the sunglasses rooster, separate the top of the rooster head from the bottom with a scissor or hobby knife. Use the project picture as a guide. Place the body into position above the bottom left chickens. Place the sunglasses above the neck followed by the top of the head. Use an eyebrow to make a beak.Tweezers can help with this. Press all these parts down firmly. Lay the circle shape stencil around the rooster head so it fits entirely inside. Trim the circle border where it covers the rooster body. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Begin near the top of the glass, over the rooster head, to place the letters for words- in it for the- as pictured. Use the etching cream again to etch these onto the glass.
- Add the windmill in the top left corner and etch onto the glass.
Article Posted: 10/14/2019 01:52:48 PM