Farm Family Milk
Old McDonald had a farm BUT did he have personalized family farm themed decor like this? I cock-a-doodle-doubt it! With 11 farm themed stencils, the Farm Friends Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream you will be making barn busting designs in the swish of a cow's tail. Fill this milk bottle with dry bullion and layers of dry beans, rice and dehydrated veggies for a grab' n go soup mix container that's pretty enough to eat. Make a gift set and layer two more with cookie and hot chocolate mixes. Afterward, they can be used for flowers or drinking bottles for iced tea or lemonade. Last name too long? Use the word FARM instead and keep the classic charm.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1680 Over N Over stencil - FARM FRIENDS
- #21-1617 Over N Over stencil- WEDDING FONT
- Glass milk bottle
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was created by trimming the stencils with scissors. Trimming the stencils with scissors is helpful when you want to get the images in closer proximity to each other than the stencil borders would otherwise permit and you are etching all simultaneously. Here, we want all stencils to be stacked along the exact same centerline and not different ones redrawn between etchings. See trimming stencils.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the milk bottle. See the tutorial on centerlines if necessary.
- Rotate the bottle back to front. Starting at the bottom, place the checkerboard stencil as close to the bottom of bottle as you can. Line up the center squares of the stencil with the centerline previously drawn.
- Rotate the bottle and look through the back to the front. Place the empty space of the middle letter of the word you have chosen as close to the top of the checkerboard stencil as possible. Make sure this middle letter is on the centerline. See lettering tutorial if necessary.
- Rotate the bottle back to the front and trim any part of the stencils that are protruding into another's design. Make sure you are still overlapping all stencil edges.
- Repeat these steps of stacking and trimming the stencils along the centerline until all have been placed.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the design onto the glass.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:42:55 AM