Football Party Platter
Take your game day tablescape all the way to the end zone with this football party platter. Easily sack great design using the Sports Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Tackle any sports enthusiast gift giving dilemma with any of the 12 stencils on this team. Become a quarterback crafter and get some athletic activity into your design. Personalize by player, hail by high school or tag by team on bowls, picture frames, mugs and memorabilia.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1682 Over N Over Stencil-SPORTS
- #21-1601 Over N Over Stencil-SMALL BLOCK LETTERS
- #21-1617 Over N Over Stencil-WEDDING FONT
- #25-4000 Pinstripe Border
- Square Serving Dish
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, place a football stencil in a corner of the dish as shown. Place the letters for Go Team on one side of the square. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.
- Under the letters, along the edge where the angled side meets the flat center square, make the sideline. Place pinstripe border along that edge and make a parallel line on the flat area. Cap off the ends with the border to make a skinny, empty rectangle. Press the lines down firmly.You will etch inside the rectangle to make the line. Repeat this on the opposite side of the square to make the other sideline.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch all this onto the dish.
- Place the football in another corner. Make the Go Team on the opposite side of the one already on the glass. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the dish.
- Place the football in an empty corner. Turn the dish over and draw a centerline connecting the sidelines on either side.This will be the 50 yard line. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Draw 2 more equidistant lines on either side of the 50, keeping the end lines slightly away from the very edge of the flat inner square of the dish.
- Turn the plate face up. Use the pinstripe border to make the yard lines by placing strips on either side of the lines your drew on the back. Cap the ends to make skinny, empty rectangles. Use the etching cream as before to etch the football and yard lines onto the dish.
- Place the football in the last empty corner of the dish. Turn the dish over and draw a centerline down the middle of the field where the numbers will go on the yard lines. Turn the plate face up. Start in the middle and place the 50 on the middle yard line, along the centerline on back.Continue with the other numbers as shown.
- Use the etching cream to etch the last football and yard line numbers on the glass.
Article Posted: 09/03/2019 03:24:17 AM