Patriotic Etch Kit
Celebrate the Nation with your own Patriotic creation! Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Labor Day, Flag Day, President's Day, and the 4th of July! Have a soldier in the family or just really love the USA? Celebrate that too! Make ornaments, sun catchers, decor pieces or gift tags! Keep these kits your Go-To for Fantastic stocking stuffers, secret Santa / grab bag gifts, hostess presents, teacher & neighbor gifts or when you just need that special extra something. Recreate the designs pictured or make your own custom creation! The kit comes with 4 glass shapes but you can always order extras.
- #06-0154 PATRIOTIC ETCH KIT
- Extra Pieces
- #29-2511 Bell Shape
- #29-2505 Star Shape
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- Hover and press to get the design elements onto the glass in the desired locations. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch them onto the glass. Repeat the process of adding and etching until all elements are on the glass.
- Add the stripes last to the design. Use the border edge of the stencil sheet to make stripes. Lay the strips onto the glass. Securely cover the design areas already on the glass with masking tape. Use the etching cream in the space between the strips of border edge.
Article Posted: 09/29/2019 11:20:19 PM