Naturally Fabulous Mirror
Enjoy a flamboyant reflection of self-expression with this Naturally Fabulous oval mirror decorated with fancy letters, facial features and some added pizzaz.
Incorporate bold positivity in all your crafting with this assortment of Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Arrange etched mirrors of various shapes and sizes into wall collages full of light and personality. Mix and match stencil images with different mirror styles to create customized pieces for friends and family.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1621 Over N Over Stencil-SCRIPT
- 21-1604 Over N Over Stencil-FACE ELEMENTS
- 21-1609 Over N Over Stencil-BERRIES
- 21-1625 Over N Over Stencil-SPARKLE BORDERS
- Oval Mirror
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. It also allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the letters for the words along the top and bottom edge of the mirror. Begin with the letters in the middle and work outward. To etch both words simultaneously, two stencil sheets are necessary. Otherwise etch duplicate letters one at a time. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the words onto the mirror.
- Thoroughly wipe down the design area. Arrange the partial facial features in in the middle of the oval. Cover part of the mustache securely with masking tape to make a space for leaf branches later. Use the etching cream, as before, to add the face to the mirror.
- Wipe down the design area again. Position the star banner on one side of the face and leaf branches on the other. Securely cover any open stencil areas that are over existing designs on the mirror with masking tape. Use the etching cream again to etch these elements onto the mirror.
- Continue adding and etching leaf branches and star banners to the design on the mirror until the desired amount has been achieved.
Article Posted: 08/01/2022 10:11:24 PM