On the Move Birthday Plate
Gotta Go! Gotta Go! It's Birthday time! With their name in a vehicle, everyone in the family can be a part of the celebration thanks to the Transportation and Happy Birthday Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Completely customizable for any family or group, this design makes an amazing gift or addition to your favorite party collection. Make a matching cup, plate and bowl for each family member to complete the collection.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1690 Over N Over Stencil-TRANSPORTATION
- #21-1678 Over N Over Stencils-HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- #60-7024 10.5 inch Round Plate
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the plate. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Place the Cake stencil on the centerline at the top edge of the rim with a vehicle on either side. Place the desired name in the vehicles beginning with the letters in the middle and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.Press all down firmly.
- Place the Happy Birthday in the middle of the plate, divided evenly on either side of the centerline. Place the balloons, a cupcake, and a gift above the happy birthday, as pictured. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch all of these onto the plate.
- Looking through the back, fit another cupcake and present above the Happy Birthday. Cover any part of the stencil you want hidden securely with masking tape. Repeat the previous process to add another cake and vehicle with name to the brim. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the plate.
- Continue the process of adding and etching cakes and vehicles as necessary to the brim. Add full or partial gifts and cupcakes around the Happy Birthday until you have the amount you want.
Article Posted: 09/15/2019 11:37:13 AM