My Heart Belongs To
Melt their heart with this photo suncatcher made with the Sparkle Borders and Mother Father Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. A sentimental, yet versatile, gift for any family ember at any occasion. It can be hung on walls,windows or trees, used as a gift tag or put on a homemade card. Who will be the first to feel the love in your family?
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1625 Over N Over Stencil-SPARKLE BORDERS
- #21-1632 Over N Over Stencil-MOTHER FATHER
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- #29-2424 5 inch Thick Bevel Circle
- Photo Cutout
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, use the hover and press method to place the Grandpa as low as possible at the bottom of the flat portion of the circle. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the word onto the circle.
- Place the photo cutout under the circle and move it around to choose the location for the photo. On the back of the circle, trace the outline of the photo in the desired position. Use hover and press to position the empty frame over the photo spot. Securely cover all other open design areas on that stencil with masking tape.
- Add the words into the frame beginning with the letters in the middle of the space and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch the words onto the glass.
- Hover and press to place the hearts above the Belongs To. Add the My into the large heart, as shown, and press down firmly. Hover and press to position a section of the border stencil down one side of the circle. Cover any extra or overlapping design spaces securely with masking tape. Use the etching cream again to etch the hearts and border onto the circle.
- Hover and press to position a section of the border stencil down the other side of the circle. Cover any extra or overlapping design spaces securely with masking tape and use the cream again to etch this last part onto the circle.
Article Posted: 06/23/2019 10:53:24 PM