World's Best Mom Suncatcher
Celebrate Mom and create a cherished memento with this beautiful suncatcher made with the Mother Father and Sparkle Borders Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Charming and practical, this suncatcher makes an outstanding gift for Mother's Day, Birthday or Christmas. Replace the word Mom with Dad, or any family member, and have an endearing gift for him too. We used one of our clear 5" Beveled Ornaments for this design but you can use any flat etchable glass ornament you desire.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1632 Over N Over Stencil-MOTHER FATHER
- #21-1625 Over N Over Stencil-SPARKLE BORDERS
- #29-2472 5 inch Clear Thick Bevel Hexagon
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- Cut out the person(s) image from the photo with a hobby knife. Place the hexagon over the image and move until it is in the position you want. Trace the outline of the image onto the front of the glass. Arrange the words around the outside of the outline. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the words onto the hexagon.
- Turn the hexagon over and use the hover and press method to add elements from the border stencil around the outside edge of the hexagon. Cover any unwanted part of the stencil securely with masking tape. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the border elements onto the glass. Continue the process of adding, masking and etching border stencil elements to the hexagon until all sides are complete.
- Carefully brush clear glue along the edge of the photo. Use the hover and press method to attach the photo to the back of the hexagon in the desired position.
Article Posted: 05/29/2019 01:29:30 PM