Laundry Tip Jar
Wash, dry, fold, wash, dry, fold, wash, dry, fold,, ... it never ends! Collect all your garment gifts and pocket prizes that spill out in the machines in a Laundry Tip Jar of your very own made with the Western Font Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Great for holding earnings from ransom demands made before releasing clean hostages from the laundry room. We upcycled a big food jar for this project but you could use any found vessel with a lid you like.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1643 Over N Over Stencil-WESTERN FONT
- #21-1680 Over N Over Stencil-FARM FRIENDS
- Large Glass Jar with Lid
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw 2 intersecting centerlines on the back of the jar to divide the design space into 4 equal quarters. See the centerline tutorial if necessary.
- On the front of the jar, place the letter N along the vertical centerline a little above the the intersection point of the two lines. Working outward and down toward, but not bellow, the horizontal line, add the remaining letters for Laundry. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.
- Place the P and J from tip jar on either side of the vertical line, underneath the horizontal line. Working outward, add the remaining letters. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the words onto the glass.
- Center the checkerboard stencil above the words and use the etching cream, as before, to etch the pattern onto the glass. Repeat this process bellow the words to finish the design.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:49:44 PM