Whether they hike, bike, trod or trek, any wilderness wanderer will tell you this is true; happiness is in the journey. This serene scene of biking through the woods captures the joy of being in nature. Embark on your own journey of artistic outdoor exploration with the Landscapes Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Arrange and combine all 10 of the nature related stencils in the sheet for scenic grandeur. Mountain a mug, wilderness the wine, tree the tea or pastoral your platters.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1682 Over N Over stencil-SPORTS
- #21-1666 Over N Over stencil-LANDSCAPES
- #21-1621 Over N Over stencils-SCRIPT ALPHABET
- #21-1607 Over N Over stencil-UPPERCASE ALPHABET
- #21-1608 Over N Over stencil-LOWERCASE ALPHABET
- Glass Rectangle
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, Begin with the lettering. Choose the location for the words. Begin with the letters in the middle of a word and work your way outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch all the words onto the glass.
- Begin adding landscape elements from under the words at the top and working down. The mountain range is duplicated with the bird, moon and cloud all masked in the second location. Use the hover and press method to place elements and then use the etching cream as before to etch the mountains and bicycle onto the glass.
- To make the tall birch trees, choose the location for the bottom of the trees and place the birch tree stencil there. Use the etching cream as before to etch the trees onto the glass. Looking through the back, hover and press to line up the birch trees stencil upside down over the existing trees so they appear to continue upward. Use the etching cream to add these to the glass. More branches can be added as desired by masking unwanted areas of the stencil before etching.
- Continue the process of adding and etching landscape features until you have the look you want.
Article Posted: 09/17/2019 01:20:43 PM