Get personal with custom creations for friends and family! Fun to make and fun to give. Mix and match people, interests, occasions and designs for the ultimate gift tag, ornament and sun catcher in one! Gift win for anyone at any age for any occasion!
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1645 ONO REVERSE MR. & MRS. Stencil Sheet.
#21-1695 ONO GAMER Stencil Sheet.
#29-2534 100 mm. CLEAR GLASS BALL
#08- 9606 Brushes.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
#85-2109 HOBBY KNIFE.Ruler and water soluble marker or china pencil.
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner.
2. Mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker or china pencil (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project.
3. Place the headset stencil in the center of the ball at the widest part. Place the trophy stencil on one side of the headset stencil. Overlap the edges where they meet.
Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this.
4. Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently but firmly to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
5. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Rub and press the tape down securely. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
6. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. (View the directions HERE)
7. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
8. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
9. Wipe design area with glass cleaner. Place an empty text box next to the headset or the trophy so it stands long ways top to bottom.
10. Remove the letters you want from the Reverse Mr. & Mrs. Sheet and place them top to bottom in the text box. Tweezers are helpful with this. Press them down gently but firmly with a clean gloved finger.
11. Repeat steps 4 through 8 taking care to cover all the glass around the text box stencil, including the other text box on the stencil, with masking tape, overlapping all edges.
12. For photographic purposes, we filled the ball with fake leaves. You can leave the ornament as it is or fill it with any lightweight material you choose.
Article Posted: 11/04/2019 01:57:09 PM