By the light of the starry moon, Dream Dancer trips lightly on the clouds reaching for a star. Set against the beautiful cobalt blue, this design, charming and romantic, captures the dreamy desires of aspiring artists. Create an enchanting piece for giving or keeping with our Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Dream Dancer can be used for flowers, ticket stubs from performances, or heartfelt notes of encouragement and inspiration.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1664 Over N Over stencil-FEATHERED BLISS
- #21-1636 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE NUMBERS
- #21-1665 Over N Over stencil-PARADISE
- #21--1676 Over N Over stencil-FAIRYTALES
- Rounded Cobalt Blue Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place a cloud in the widest part of the vase. Cover the bird securely with masking tape and follow the etching cream instructions to etch the cloud onto the vase.
- Place the sparkle frame over the cloud so it partially protrudes into the empty circle in the middle. Cover all, and a little around, the cloud securely with masking tape before using the etching cream as before to etch the moon and stars onto the glass.
- Place the dancer on the vase with her extended foot between the stars. Place the star above and to the right of her extended hand. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the vase.
- Place the cloud under her arm, masking the bird again, and the Dream under the moon near the dancer. Follow the etching cream directions and etch these onto the glass.
- Finally, turn the cloud upside down and place it so the flat part is under the dancer's foot. Use the etching cream as before to etch this onto the vase.
Article Posted: 07/24/2019 11:41:31 AM