Cowboy Skull Mug
Russel up some spooky style with this cowboy skull mason mug. Host a haunted hoedown with the Halloween and Western Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Mason jar mugs are the most versatile vessel ever. Use them as drinking jars, luminaries, condiment or dessert servers, fill them with drink or cookie mixes, silk scarves, warm gloves, candy, beads and baubles.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1667 Over N Over Stencil-HALLOWEEN
- #21-1633 Over N Over Stencil-WESTERN
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR.& MRS.
- #60-3863 Mason Jar Mugs
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the hat stencil on an angle in the top half of the glass. Place the letter X in the hat as shown. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the hat onto the mug.
- Looking through the back of the mug, position the skull stencil under and in the hat. Cover the overlapping stencil areas securely with masking tape and use the etching cream, as before, to etch the skull into the hat.
Article Posted: 11/03/2017 03:25:24 PM