Butterflies Are Free
Butterflies are free to fly all over your wine glass with the Butterfly Border Glass Etching Stencil Sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Make an entire meadow of happy and free butterflies because with 6 large butterfly and plant stencils in the sheet they can keep on flying! Maybe onto your coffee mug, salad plate or an oil bottle. Flutter some friendly fliers on springtime gifts for guests and family.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21- 1605 Over N Over stencil- BUTTERFLY BORDER
- #30-2376 13.5 oz. Wine Glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the large plant stencil at the bottom of the glass near the stem. Lay the border stencil on the glass so a butterfly is near the brim. Cover all the other butterflies with masking tape.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the plant and butterfly onto the glass.
- Use the hover and press method to place the large butterfly above and very close to the plant. Add a small plant from the border stencil next to the large one. Add another small butterfly randomly. Mask the unused parts of the border as before.
- Use the etching cream as directed to add these to the glass. Continue adding butterflies and plants to the glass until you have as many as you want.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:37:17 AM