Best of Summer
Summer Fun is thirsty work! Be ready to hydrate your tribe in style with this Best of Summer pitcher! From butterflies to berries this design celebrates our summer favorites. Fill it with a cold creation and enjoy. Want to keep the Best of Summer going? Grab our Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and Some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to make some matching beverage glasses and snack plates.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1686 Over N Over stencil-TUTTI FRUITI
- #21-1613 Over N Over stencil-FLOWERS
- #21-1672 Over N Over stencil-GARDEN FRIENDS
- #21-1687 Over N Over stencil-BEES
- #21-1605 Over N Over stencil- BUTTERFLY BORDER
- #21-1694 Over N Over stencil- CONTEMPORARY ALPHA
- Large glass pitcher
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw both a horizontal and vertical centerline on the back. This will divide the design area into 4 quadrants. See the centerline tutorial if necessary.
- Begin with the lettering. Place an M near the intersection of the lines with the right side of the stencil on the left side of the vertical line and bottom of the letter on the horizontal line. Working backwards and to the left, add the U centered over the left line of the M followed by the S over the left line of the U, all as pictured.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the letters onto the pitcher.
Repeat the lettering process moving down and right with the MER. Begin with the M near the center and on the right of the vertical line and just under the horizontal. Followed by the E under the right line of the M and the R under the horizontal of the E. All as pictured.
- Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
- Begin with the images closest to the letters. Place as many as you can without them intruding on each other's designs before etching them.
- Continue adding and etching design elements working from the middle outward until all elements have been added.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:33:24 AM