Bold and Brave
Honor those who serve with this Bold & Brave design made with the Patriotic Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Simple but strong with clean lines and crest. Versatile gift for your military service person on Father's Day, Mother's Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day or their Birthday! We used a striking ball bottom pilsner glass for this design but you can use any etchable glass piece you fancy.
- #15-0200 Amour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1675 Over N Over Stencil-PATRIOTIC
- #21-1601 Over N Over Stencil-SMALL LETTERS
- #21-1607 Over N Over Stencil-UPPERCASE ALPHABET
- #29-4000 pinstripe Border
- Fancy Pilsner Glass
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. On the front of the glass, place the & and eagle stencils stacked at the top of the glass along the centerline. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Place the letters on either side of the & by starting with those nearest the & and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Press down firmly and use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Beginning at a point on the centerline bellow the eagle, place a piece of pinstripe border on an angle, running up and around to the back of the glass. Repeat this on the opposite side of the glass to make an even V with the tape. Repeat this 3 times with adequate space between the lines for etched stripes.
- Cut the star border in half and place a piece on each side, a stripe width away from the piece of border tape above it. Make 2 more tape stripes bellow the stars. Trim all parts along the centerline so each intersecting line comes to a point there. Use the etching cream to etch the stripes and star line onto the glass.
Article Posted: 09/17/2019 01:20:22 PM