A Little Fishy
Give your little fishy friend a home that feels as big as the ocean! Our Over N Over Under the Sea Glass Etching Stencil Sheet is packed with enough design elements to fill the briny deep. This double sided technique creates a multidimensional effect to the piece. We used a small fish tank here but this design would make style waves across anything you choose. Why have a boring bowl when you can create a dynamic seascape full of mermaids, coral, seahorses and sharks? This is a fun and exciting project for the family to design together. Surprise a hard to buy for friend or relative with a new home for their beloved pet.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
- #21-1658 Over N Over stencil-UNDER THE SEA
- Small fish bowl
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Look over the fish bowl to find the most blemish free area to be the front surface. If you are using a rounded bowl with no flat sides, you might want to define this area by marking the outline with a china pencil or some masking tape.
- Choose which stencil design elements you want in the foreground of your seascape and which you want in the back. The elements in the foreground will be sharp and clear while items chosen for the background of the project will appear a bit fuzzy and distant. Remember, these stencils are reusable so your design does not have to be limited to a single use of each. If stencils on the same side protrude into each other's design, you can trim them with scissors or etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the front of the bowl. When finished, place the stencils for the background into position. Looking through the front of the bowl, place your stencils on the back so the images will be partially layered behind and/or around those on the front as you would like them.
- Follow the etching cream instructions and etch the back of the bowl.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:43:40 PM