Wedding Favor Bookmark
Did you ever need a quick thank you gift, but didn't want to spend a lot of money? Or maybe you just wanted to share a little something handmade with someone who did something nice for you? I made this pretty little bookmark using some of my scrap-booking scraps. It was quick, easy and I personalized it with a mirrored monogram I made with a re-usable glass etching stencil and the Armour Glass Etching Cream. Great idea for someone who loves books,? or for someone who uses cookbooks, or as a reward to a child for reading a book. Great? idea for stocking-stuffers too!
Directions for Etching the mirror:
- Select a monogram letter from the stencil sheet and gently remove from the backer sheet.
- Apply to the clean mirror.
- Cover any exposed area of the mirror with masking tape
- Apply Armour glass Etching cream to the stencil. Please read instructions that come with your stencil. View the directions and How To Videos.
- Wait 5 minutes, wash off etch cream with running water, pat dry
- Remove the stencil
- Clean mirror with glass cleaner
- Set mirror aside
Assembling the Bookmark:
- Fold the 3/8" ribbon in half but do not crease.
- Glue ribbon lengthwise to face of metallic card stock, leaving a 3' long loop at the top and tails hanging off bottom
- Glue white embossed card stock on top of ribbon and metallic card stock
- Glue mirror to card stock scalloped oval and glue them to the center of the bookmark
- Run a bead of glue around outside edge of mirror and apply braid to glue. Let dry
- With Hot Fix Wand, apply a pink rhinestone to the lower left side of the mirror, surround with 5 more clear rhinestones to form a flower.
- Glue bow to bottom of bookmark, snip ribbon tails at an angle
Article Posted: 05/16/2013 07:41:51 AM