Deer Dad Plaque
Here is nice project to make for Fathers Day that is a little bit stenciled and a little bit you. This project is a unique combination of glass etching creams and glass etching stencils. Use rub N Etch stencil to etch the deer and Over N Over stencils letters for DAD. Create custom scenery with Blue Etch glass etching cream. Blue Etch allows you the ability to write, draw, personalize or accentuate a stenciled design freehand using a fine line needle tip applicator.
- #15-0200Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #15-0302 Blue Etch
- 20-0461 Rub N Etch stencil- BUCKS 2
- 21-1617 Over N Over stencil-WEDDING FONT
- #3.-2311 5x7 Bent Bevel Plaque
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- After preparing the glass, Rub down the deer stencil in the lower middle of the plaque. Read the instructions that came with your stencils for complete instructions for use with Rub n Etch stencils. Directions can be found on this site. View the directions and How To Videos.
- Apply the letters for DAD vertically down the left side, rubbing one letter under the other overlapping the edges.
- Follow the Etching Cream instructions to etch the design onto the glass.
- Assemble the Blue Etch bottle by removing the white cap and placing the needle tip applicator on the bottle.
- Turn plaque upside down and start to sketch out the basic shape of the tree. Start your line with the tree trunk from the bottom up. Branch off in different directions as you go, Keep the outline simple. You must work fairly quickly to make so the Blue Etch does not spread out too much on the glass as it sits. Work small sections at a time and rinse off immediately. Do not rub the etch, just let the water rinse it away. Dry the glass well and start another section. The Blue etch comes out fuller at the start of a line and gets finer as you move the tip. Do not squeeze the bottle, just very gentle pressure and let the etch flow. Feather out lines into thinner branches by dragging the tip close to the surface of the glass. The tension will follow the needle tip. Practice this technique on scrap glass first.
- To add some resemblance of tiny little leaves to the tree, gently squeeze a bubble of etch up to the tip of the needle. Dot the Blue etch here and there, make some as little stretched zig zags, some as little puffs. Be sure to leave some open areas, so the sky and branches show through as well.
- To add grass, hold the plaque right side up and flick the needle upward. Make some blades short, some long and in different directions. Under the grass, make some zig zag horizontal lines for a ground lines, stones or ripples of snow.
Article Posted: 05/17/2018 04:23:07 PM