Offer Valid to Continental United States only!
Celebrate the occasions and the people they are for with our Mother Father stencil sheet. Mix and match stencils to create the perfect sentiment. We used beverage glasses to showcase our designs but something that reflects their personality would be ideal.
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1632 ONO MOTHER FATHER Stencil Sheet.
#08- 9606 Brushes.
#08- 9999 Gloves.
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
#85-2109 HOBBY KNIFE.Ruler and water soluble marker or china pencil.
1. Wash the item to be etched in hot, soapy dishwater and dry with a soft paper towel then wipe down design area with glass cleaner.
2. You may want to mark the centerline of your item before you begin. With a ruler and a water soluble marker or china pencil (not a sharpie) draw the centerline on the back side of the item. This makes it easier to create your design in the location you want it on the project.
3. Apply any lettering, banners or word stencils first, being mindful of the space requirements for the other design elements and overlapping the edges where the letter stencils meet. Avoid touching the sticky side of the stencil as oils from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Using a tweezer to hold stencil while deciding on placement location can help with this. If stencils protrude into each other?¢?Ç¨Ôø?s design, you can trim with a scissor or etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
4. Place all other design elements into their desired location. You can use parts of a stencil design by covering over the unwanted design features with masking tape or by trimming the stencil with scissors. Remember, if stencils overlap into each other?¢?Ç¨Ôø?s design, you can trim with a scissor or etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
5. Using a popsicle stick or other dull instrument, press the stencil down gently but firmly to prevent the cream from getting underneath during etching.
6. Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Rub and press the tape down securely. Check for exposed spaces by turning the project over and holding up to the light.
Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the other glass while rinsing as even the small amount of etching cream in the water will permanently haze the glass.
7. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Apply a thick enough layer of cream to the exposed design area that you can no longer see through it. (View the directions HERE)
8. Leave the cream on for 5 minutes
9. Completely rinse off the etch cream under gently flowing temped water. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
10. Wipe design area with glass cleaner. You may want to redraw centerline on the back of the project again. Arrange any remaining design elements into their desired location. Remember, you can use parts of a stencil design by covering over the unwanted design features with masking tape or by trimming the stencil with scissors. If stencils protrude into each other?¢?Ç¨Ôø?s design, etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting.
11. Repeat steps 5 through 9 until all desired design elements have been etched onto the glass
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 05:12:13 PM