Nowadays wine retailers sell little individual carafes for wedding favors. They hold about one glass of wine and can be easily be personalized with a simple "Love N Thanks" for that special touch.
#15- 0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21- 1650 Over N Over stencil- Happily Ever After
#21- 1630 Over N Over stencil- Valentines Day
#08- 9415 Masking tape.
#08- 9777 Scissors
Small favor sized wine carafe
Small white satin bow (pre-made)
White satin ribbon- 1/8 inch wide x 6 inches long
Nickle wedding bells- 2 pcs, 3/4 inch
Glue dot- 3/8 inch
Soft paper towels.
1. Wash the outside of the carafe in hot, soapy dish water and dry with a soft paper towel
2. Apply the love birds stencil as shown in picture. Then apply the Love N Thanks stencil directly above it, overlapping the edges where they meet
3. Apply the heart border stencil around the rim
4.Cover all the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Cover enough area so that none of the rinse water will touch any of the glass not to be etched while rinsing.
5. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Cover each one with a 1/4 inch layer of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
6. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
7. Rinse off the etch cream. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet.
8. Loop the 1/8 inch ribbon thru the tops of the two bells and tie them together loosely. Thread one end through the back of the bow and tie again into a knot at the bottom of the loop. Cut off the ends.
9. Apply a glue dot to the back of the bow. Apply the bow to the carafe just below the heart between the doves. Try not to let the loops of the bow cover up the doves. Press the bow firmly to the glass to hold it there.
Article Posted: 09/29/2019 11:10:28 PM