Nothing refreshes like a burst of spring blooms! Exert some flower power over glass dust collectors that have been hidden away in cupboards and closets. Revive tired and scratched pieces that are dull but still useful with the Flowers Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We upcycled a really cool old, scratched, purple iridescent glass demi-vase for this design but you can use any etchable found treasure in need of resurrection.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1613 Over N Over Stencils-FLOWERS
- Iridescent Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the flower stencils in random locations on the glass. Follow the etching Cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching flowers to the glass until the desired amount is achieved. Cover any image overlap by the stencils securely with masking tape.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:38:44 AM