Rock the clambake with a set of custom made lobster plates and bowls. Creating a seasonal seascape is ocean breeze easy with the Under the Sea Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Seasonal and event themed tableware is a fun addition to mealtimes that can be personalized with names or initials.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1658 Over N Over Stencil-UNDER the SEA
- #21-1607 Over N Over Stencil-UPPERCASE ALPHABET
- #21-1608 Over N Over Stencil-LOWERCASE ALPHABET
- #60-7024 10 inch Round Plate
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Turn the plate halfway and draw a second centerline that divides the plate into 4 equal quadrants.
- On the front, place the lobster in the center of the plate where the lines intersect. Pace a starfish on the rim of the plate on one side of the lobster and along a centerline. Place the s on the rime of the plate above the lobster. Working from the inside outward, add the remaining letters. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Add the anchor to one side of the word.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Place the starfish to the opposite side of the lobster. Repeat the process of adding the letters and anchor to the bottom rim of the plate. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching the anchor stencil until all 4 have been added to the plate.
Article Posted: 08/01/2018 10:06:50 AM