We call this beveled star mirror a coaster, but it is pretty enough to be stood up on a shelf as a knick knack, mount on a wall or highlight a small glass collectable ( like a crystal figurine)
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1676 Over N Over stencil- Fairytales
#21-1666 Over N Over stencil-Landscapes
#28-5075 6 inch Beveled star mirror
#15-0315 Glass cleaner
#08-9415 Masking tape.
Soft paper towels.
1. Clean the coaster with glass cleaner and paper towels.
2. Apply the castle stencil to the center of the mirror.
3. Cover the exposed areas of the mirror around the stencil with masking tape, overlapping all edges.
4. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. Carefully PAT the etch cream onto the stencil (do not brush it on). Cover with a 1/4 inch layer of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
5. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
6.Rinse off the etch cream. Remove the stencil and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencil dry and return to the carrier sheet. Dry coaster well.
7. The clouds on the mirror are from the mountain scene stencil. Position the cloud to one side of the castle. Cover over all of the elements other than the cloud with masking tape. Cover the exposed areas of the mirror around the stencil with masking tape, overlapping all edges as you did before. Repeat steps 4 thru 6, then repeat etching another cloud on the other side of the castle slightly offset from the first so they are not level.(see picture)
8. The cloud under the castle uses the same cloud stencil that you used in step 7 only it is turned upside down. It will take 2 etchings to make the long cloud and when you etch the second part of the cloud, slightly overlap the first one so they will appear as one cloud once etched (stiched together).
Article Posted: 01/26/2018 11:13:10 AM