Dragonfly Square Platter
Simple summertime elegance is squarely within your grasp when you use the Garden Friends Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. A line of dancing dragonflies conga into the soft floral corners of the square while some fly around the floral center. Dragonflies and ladybugs share the Garden Friends sheet in 7 stencils of various shapes and sizes so you can mix up this bug brigade with a line or two of ladybugs for a look that is all party and no pest. Add the 8 fancy floral designs from the Berries Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil sheet and you have all you need to turn any square dish into something beyond the box beautiful.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1672- Over N Over stencil- GARDEN FRIENDS
- #21-1609- Over N Over stencil- BERRIES. Substitution for Square Flowers sheet
- Square glass dish or trivet
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- The Square Flowers stencils sheet has been discontinued. We will be using stencils from the BERRIES sheet to create a comparable design.
- After preparing the glass, place the small flowers from the Berries sheet into two corners of the square.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch them onto the glass.
- Repeat the steps to etch the flowers into the other 2 corners of the square.
- Turn the square over and mark a centerline. Rotate the glass to the line is now horizontal in front of you and mark another centerline from top to bottom that vertically intersects the first one. The glass should now be divided into 4 equal squares. For help with centerlines see the tutorial.
- Turn the glass over so the front is facing up. Choose a flower from the berries sheet and place it over the point where the drawn lines intersect in the center of the glass.
- Take the dragonfly border stencil from the sheet and place along one side of the glass by lining up the middle dragonfly over the line and laying the stencil down evenly along the edge of the glass. If you have another border stencil from a second sheet, repeat this step on the opposite side of the glass.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass
- Turn the glass over with the two borderless sides of the square at the top and bottom. Redraw the centerline down the back.
- Turn the glass right side up again and repeat the steps with the border stencils on these empty sides.
- Place the dragonfly stencils around the the center flower in any direction you choose.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these last images onto the glass.
Article Posted: 04/17/2018 03:11:00 PM