Thanksgiving Day Turkey Platter
What would Thanksgiving be without a classic turkey platter?
Part of a series of glass serving pieces we have made to make your Thanksgiving Day table extra special. Go to our Thanksgiving Day project section for more pictures and directions for all the other beautiful service pieces to complete your holiday table setting!
- Clean the glass with glass cleaner and paper towels.
- Depending on your skill level, decide what words you want on your jar. The example has Happy Thanksgiving in a half circle (skill level: experienced). To apply the letters in this manner, tape a paper circle to the glass as a guide. Rub down the letters along the upper edge of the paper guide, following the arch, but do not apply the stencils onto the edge of the paper. If your skill level is a beginner or intermediate level, you can place the letters straight across, one word over the other or use the Thanks pre-made stencil from the stencil sheet. Make sure you overlap the edges of the letters side by side. Fill any gaps with overlapping masking tape.
- Apply the turkey stencil or one of the other designs from the stencil sheet under your lettering.
- Cover all exposed areas of the jar with masking tape to at least 3 inches out from side to side. You must fill in any spaces between the lettering with overlapping masking tape too. Any gaps will end up etched.
- Put the gloves on. PAT the etch cream on the stencils with the brush (do not brush like you are painting) . Start with the turkey (Over N Over stencils) first, and then the lettering (Rub N Etch if you are using them) last. View the directions and How To Videos here.
- Leave etch cream on for 2 minutes. Rinse under very warm running water until clear. Rub N stencils should start falling off or melting away. Remove all stencils and tape and rinse again. Pat any Over N Over stencils dry and return to carrier sheet
Article Posted: 03/09/2017 03:19:36 PM