Although the stencil used for this paperweight is no longer available, we left this project on EtchTalk so you can still be inspired by the design.
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
#08-9415 Masking tape
#15-0315 Glass cleaner
Foil paper-Hot pink or red
1. Clean the paperweight with glass cleaner
2. Apply stencils at an angle on the paperweight (refer to picture-follow instructions that come with your stencils) overlapping edges where they meet.
3. Apply masking tape around all the stencils, overlapping edges.
4. Pat the etch cream onto the stencils until covered with about 1/4 inch of cream. View the directions and How To Videos.
5. Wait 2 minutes for Rub n Etch stencils (blue ones) or 5 minutes for the Over n Over stencils (red ones)
6. Tilt the paperweight and hold under low volume running water so the water runs off the top of the paperweight and not onto the backside. Rinse off all the cream, remove the stencils and rinse again.Dry well
7. Once paperweight is thoroughly dry, lay paperweight on top of colored side of foil paper. Trace around the outside of paperweight. Cut out with scissors.
8. Turn paperweight upside-down. Run a rim of glue around outside edge. Place foil heart cutout with colored side down onto glue and gently pat down (you do not want the glue to spread much or it will show through the front side even once dry. The color of the foil will show through the glass and make it look colored.
Article Posted: 10/02/2017 02:40:15 PM