Crested Bee Votive Holder
Get formally fancy with this bee-reath taking gold crested bee design on an upcycled yogurt jar turned tea light holder. Make a honey sweet tablescape fit for the queen with the Bees Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Put the sting on bland and boring with all 16 of the bee-utiful bee themed stencils in the sheet.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1606 Over N Over Stencil-CRESTS
- 21-1687 Over N Over Stencil-BEES
- Recycled Baby Food/ Yogurt Jar
- Gold Pencil
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the glass. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Position the bee stencil in the middle of the jar, on the front of the glass, along the centerline. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the bee onto the glass.
Cut a crest stencil in half, from top to bottom. Looking through the back of the glass, position each side of the crest around the bee on the front of the glass. Use the centerline as a guide to keep them equidistant. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the crest onto the jar.
Use the gold color pencil to shade in the etching on the glass.
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
Article Posted: 01/31/2022 09:03:43 PM