Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Vase
Fall leaves flutter down to a cluster of copper pumpkins on this tall cylinder vase for fall decorating.
Please Note: Although the stencils for this exact project are no longer available, we left this project up as inspiration. You can cut your own pumpkins and leaves on our contact vinyl stencil material using a plastic stencil from the craft store or printing out stencils from the internet. In the supply list below we have included two of our Over n Over stencil sheets that have pumpkins on them that you could also use.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #20-0432 Leaves- 2 sheets
- #61-3329 Rub N Buff (we used copper)
- #60-3551 10" Cylinder Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Carefully cut off the Happy Thanksgiving portion of the pumpkin stencil Peel off the backing from the stencil and place about 3" up from the bottom of the vase. After preparing the glass, position the stencils on the glass.
- Arrange leaves across vase with the points of the leaves facing in different directions and varying the different sizes. Start at the top left of the vase and cascade them down the vase toward the right bottom and back again around the pumpkins.
- Once you are pleased with the arrangement of the leaves, rub each stencil down with the popsicle stick provided with you RNE stencil package. Remove the mylar cover sheet that was attached to the stencil.
- Cover all exposed regions without stencils with masking tape. Apply Armour Etching Cream while being sure to follow the directions on the bottle.
- If desired color waxes: Squeeze a small dab copper Rub N Buff (RnB) to a folded paper towel. Working in sections, apply RnB to etchings and wipe back immediately. Turn towel around and buff to a luster. Repeat to rest of vase.
Article Posted: 10/23/2017 01:13:44 PM