Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Vase
Fall leaves flutter down to a cluster of copper pumpkins on this tall cylinder vase for fall decorating.
Although the stencils for this exact project are no longer available, we left this project up as inspiration. You can cut your own pumpkins and leaves on our contact vinyl stencil material using a plastic stencil from the craft store or printing out stencils from the internet. In the supply list below we have included two of our Over n Over stencil sheets that have pumpkins on them that you could also use.
Armour Glass Etch Cream
c-thanks-coaster1 Thanksgiving Coaster stencil-pumpkins
#20-0432 Leaves- 2 sheets
#61-3329 Rub N Buff (we used copper)
#08-9415 Masking Tape
#15-0315 Glass cleaner
#60-3551 10" Cylinder Vase
Old bath towel
- Make a nest with the bath towel to cuddle the vase in while you apply the stencils.
- Carefully cut off the Happy Thanksgiving portion of the pumpkin stencil Peel off the backing from the stencil and place about 3" up from the bottom of the vase.
- Weed out the pumpkin design
- Cut apart all the leaves from the Rub N Etch stencil sheets.
- Cut small tabs of masking tape and place a piece of tape on the shiny side of each leaf stencil, with half the tape overhanging one edge of the stencil.
- Arrange leaves across vase with the points of the leaves facing in different directions and varying the different sizes. Start at the top left of the vase and cascade them down the vase toward the right bottom and back again around the pumpkins. Temporarily hold each stencil in place with the tab of masking tape you placed on the edge.?ÉÔø??Ç¬? Re-arrange the leaves until you get the look you want.
- Once you are pleased with the arrangement of the leaves, rub each stencil down with the popsicle stick provided with you RNE stencil package. Remove the mylar cover sheet that was attached to the stencil.
- Cover all exposed areas of the glass in and around all the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all the edges of the stencil and other pieces of tape. Entire side of vase should be covered with either stencil or tape.
- Starting with the pumpkins, apply the Armour Etch Cream to the stencil by patting on the cream in a random manner until the design is completely covered. Next apply cream quickly to all of the leaves by patting it on, not brush stroking it. Follow directions that come with the Rub N Etch stencil. View the directions and How to Video.?ÉÔø??Ç¬? Click HERE?ÉÔø??Ç¬? Wait 1-2 minutes. Rinse off the Etch cream, remove the stencils and tape under running water.
- Dry vase completely
- Squeeze a small dab copper Rub N Buff (RnB) to a folded paper towel. Working in sections, apply RnB to etchings and wipe back immediately. Turn towel around and buff to a luster. Repeat to rest of vase.
Article Posted: 10/23/2017 01:13:44 PM