Capture the charm of an old fashioned holiday with this iconic vintage Christmas design. Have a relative or friend who has everything? Take an old classic from their serving collection and cover it in nostalgic charm to make it new again for them with our Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Upcycle one of your own long forgotten pieces or give something new a vintage vibe.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1615 Over N Over Stencil-FLEUR DE LIS
- #21-1611 Over N Over Stencil-CHRISTMAS
- #21-1655 Over N Over Stencil-CHRISTMAS 2
- Large Glass Bowl
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the inside of the bowl. Turn the bowl so the line is now horizontal and draw another centerline to divide the bowl into 4 equal parts. See the centerline tiutorial if necessary.
- Begin by placing a tree on the outside of the bowl, leaving plenty of space above and bellow, along the centerline. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the tree onto the glass. Repeat this process to etch all 4 trees onto the glass.
- Place a large flourish above and running down the sides of the tree. See the picture if necessary. Looking through the back of the glass, position the flourish corner stencil centered under and around the base of the tree. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these around the tree. Repeat this process to etch around each of the trees.
- Center a different holiday stencil between each of the framed trees. Use the etching cream again to etch these onto the bowl.
Article Posted: 10/10/2019 11:07:43 PM