Elegant and personal, this design on a water goblet embraces the beauty of both Mother and the Celtic spirit.Beautiful, sentimental, Irish inspired designs are easy to create with the Celtic Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Etch the Claddagh plain, without the Mom, and this becomes a universal design for multiple occasions. Use all 11 stencils in the sheet for tablescapes and party pieces full of shamrocks and love knots.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1673 Over N Over Stencil-CELTIC
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR.&MRS.
- Water Goblet
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Place the Claddagh across the widest part of the goblet with the centerline running down the middle. Place the MOM letters into the center of the heart starting with the O in the middle and press down firmly. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Follow the etching cream directions to etch the Claddagh onto the glass.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the cross centered and as close as possible, above the Claddagh. Place the heart knot bellow, centered and as close as possible to the bottom of the Claddagh. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Looking through the back, fit the heart knots into the design above the Claddagh as pictured. Use the etching cream again to etch these into position.
Article Posted: 05/22/2019 11:17:01 PM